Monday, August 11, 2008

Bella's 3-year Well-Visit

--

I took Bella for her 3-year well visit to the Pediatrician on Friday. She weighed in at 27 pounds 1 oz (growing nicely in the 25th percentile) and she was 36 inches or 3 feet tall (growing nicely in the 50th percentile)! I didn't even get a little sheet with all her stats on it - I guess she's too "old" for that - I must admit I was a little sad about not getting that sheet. I mean - how am I supposed to know what my child should be doing now???
--
The doctor was very pleased with all aspects of her. She said she knew quite a few things for a child her age - she was impressed that she knew her colors (hello, she's 3!), for example. She was very interactive with the doctor this time - in January when we took them in for their well visits, she was very resistent - but then again it was the first time with this pediatrician and she hadn't been in a medical doctor's office for almost 15 months!
--
A few things to note - she apparently has very large tonsils - not inflammed or infected - just large. She "failed" the hearing test in her left ear - but if you'd seen the stuff the doctor took out of her ears (yes both of them) - you'd have no worries either (we do not clean her ears beyond the normal bathing and the doctor agreed saying that nothing should be put in her ear unless it was by the pediatrician in her office).
--
Some other things to note that Bella is up to these days:
--
  • She can count to ten - although not in the correct order
  • She LOVES to sing - she can sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and It's Raining, It's Pouring both in their entirety by herself (i.e. - without Mommy singing along)! Other favorties are: Jesus Loves Me (although the words are not exact - it is very sweet), I'm Bringing Home My Baby Bumblebee (although usually sung by Mommy), The Wheels on the Bus (especially in the morning on the way to school when we see the school buses)
  • She likes to stand on the ottoman to sing (it serves as her stage)
  • She knows her colors
  • She LOVES to read
  • She LOVES her moomies (aka movies)
  • She has been sleeping in her big girl bed consistently for the past week
  • She has been doing very well with the potty training - with few accidents and little resistence
  • She likes to fold the wash clothes when I am folding clothes and she'll help put all the clothes away
  • She LOVES her baby sister, Brooklyn and gets upset at times if she "loses" her (for instance, at her birthday party I had taken Brooklyn in to change her diaper and Bella came storming in the house screaming "where my Brooke, where my Brooke, I lost her"! She was relieved to know she was ok but wouldn't go back outside until Brooklyn and I did as well)
  • She is very excited about the new baby and when asked what we are getting for Christmas she responds with "a baby"...and at times she'll specifically say a "baby boy", even though we have no idea if the baby is a boy or girl!
  • I'm sure there is more - but this is all I can think of right now!

4 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Sounds like Bella is doing GREAT! She is so beautiful! :)

JennyH said...

What a a big girl! It is interesting to read what she is doing since Joe just turned 3 in June. He counts to 10 like this: 1, 8, 9, 10! -- I think he missed a few!

She sounds like she is doing great things.

We always get the sheets with the stats on it - even for Max who turned 7. Joe was 36 inches as well. Wieght I don't remember but it is almost 30. Sounds like they are just about the same size!

Melanie said...

what no sheet! I need the sheet. I am glad the other commenter still got the sheet. Glad to hear Bella is right on schedule!

Pauline said...

I just LOVE this new page layout Bethie! This is the first I've had a chance to check out the blog this week! Beautiful! Love you...Mom